AgriAssist we respect your right to privacy and comply with our obligations
under the General Data Protection Regulations. The purpose of this Privacy
Statement is to set out how we deal with personal data provided to AgriAssist
while using our Platform.
you encounter any links to other external websites, these will be clearly
identifiable as such, and AgriAssist has no responsibility for the content or
the privacy policies of these other websites. While we take care of the safety
of information on our website/Platform on an ongoing basis, if you are not
happy with this Privacy Statement you should not use our website/Platform.
AGRIASSIST PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION AND MANAGEMENT
Types of information collected and how it
We collect and further process two types of information:
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, e-mail address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised and telephone number. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to use and we use it to deliver our services and information to you. AgriAssist collects personal data in the following circumstances:
· During the vetting process;
· As part of your Listing advertisement;
· On your Member account;
· On your public profile including comments, reviews and ratings;
· As part of the payments process.
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
for which we hold your Information
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
a. to create an account with us
b. to confirm your identity
c. to contact you if we are to respond to any communications from you
d. to process any advertisements and/or bookings
e. to review and update our membership contact details
f. to notify you of changes and updates to our services and to our websites
g. to be used in statistical reporting regarding our web activities
h. to receive and make payments to and from you
i. to understand how you use our services
j. for any other purposes relevant to the management of your membership
2. The Legal Basis for processing your information
We collect your information for a number of purposes and rely on a number of different legal bases to use your personal information.
a) To provide services to you;
b) To process payments that you may be contractually obliged to make or receive;
c) To comply with our legal obligations - We may be required to process your personal information to comply with certain legal obligations to which we are subject, including:
· Providing information to an Garda Síochána, the Revenue Commissioners or other Government bodies or agencies when required to do so by law
· If you have exercised one of your data rights, we will retain a copy of all correspondence to demonstrate our compliance with data-protection legislation
· If you have exercised one of your data rights and ask us not to contact you by email at a particular email address, we will need to retain a copy of that email address in order to comply with your no-contact request
d) Processing based on our legitimate interests
We process your personal information for carefully considered and specific purposes which are in our legitimate interests and enable us to enhance the services we provide, but which we also believe benefit our customers. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests. You have the right, free of charge, to object to our use of your personal information for our legitimate interests. If you wish to do so contact us at email@example.com. Please bear in mind that if you do object, this may affect our ability to carry out certain tasks for your benefit.
Where you object to our use of your personal information for our legitimate interests, we may continue to process your personal data, despite your objection, where there are compelling legitimate grounds to do so. We will always ensure there is a fair balance between our legitimate interests and your fundamental right and freedoms.
We process personal information for the following legitimate business purposes:
· To manage our everyday business needs and for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, troubleshooting, accounting, providing customer service, technical support and fraud prevention
· To provide you with a more personalised experience, such as making content recommendations
· To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, email campaigns and advertising
· To research and improve AgriAssist’s services, and customer communications
· To ensure content from our site and mobile applications is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
· To develop and maintain relationships with our Members
· To better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of our Services
· To protect you against fraud and to detect, prevent, investigate security or technical issues to ensure our Services are secure
· To protect the rights, property and safety of AgriAssist or the rights, property or safety of our employees or others
· To understand the demographics of our Members
3. How and when your information is shared
With third parties
We may share your personal information with third parties for a number of reasons as outlined below. We do not sell your personal information to anyone and only share it with third parties who are facilitating the delivery or fulfilment of our services and or are working on our behalf. We contractually require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorised access, use, and disclosure.
Third-party service providers:
We may share your personal information with third-party service providers which perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf such as our accountants, IT service providers, printers, payment providers, lawyers, providers of security and administration services and other business advisers.
Third-party data controllers:
We may share your personal information with third parties that may receive and process your personal information as a data controller in their own right. You can obtain more information about our partners, how they process and treat your personal information and how to exercise your data rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may disclose non-personally identifiable anonymous information to third-party advertisers to help them reach the kind of audience they want to target. We share summary aggregate reports for our advertisers to measure the effectiveness of the ads they have served. These advertising parties may combine the information we send with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services.
Other users of the Platform:
If you advertise a listing on the Platform this is a public site and can be accessed by any member of the public who wishes to create an account. These Members can see the personal information you provide to us (including sensitive information). By providing that information you are consenting to it being shared with other Members.
Social networking sites:
Disclosures required by law:
We will disclose your Personal Data if we
believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply
with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court, workplace
relations forum, regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
Transfers outside EEA:
We may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area
(EEA). These countries do not always
afford an equivalent level of privacy protection and in such circumstances we
take specific steps, in accordance with data protection law to protect your
personal information. In particular, for
transfers of personal data outside the EEA we rely either on an adequacy
decision by the European Commission or on contractual protection approved by
the European Commission.
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information no longer than is necessary to comply with our business and legal obligations. Where we enter into a legal contract with you, we will hold your personal information for a period of seven years from the date of completion of this contract by reference to the statute of limitation for a legal claim under contract.
5. Your rights
You have several rights under data-protection law in relation to how we use your personal information. You have the right, free of charge, to:
• Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format
• Rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you
• Withdraw your consent where we have relied upon your consent to process your information
• Erase the personal information we hold about you subject to certain exceptions
• If technically feasible, have your personal information transmitted to another data controller in a machine readable format at your request
• Restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
• Object to our use of your personal information for our legitimate interests, for profiling and for direct marketing purposes
• Not be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing where that decision produces a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you. We do not make automated decisions of this nature
• Lodge a complaint with the appropriate data-protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal data
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data-protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us at email@example.com We will take measures to verify your identify which we will do by reference to copies of acceptable identification documentation supplied by you.
endeavour to respond to your request within a month. If we are unable to deal with your request
within a month we may extend this period by a further two months and we will
contact you and explain why.
Your Personal Data is held on secure
servers which are hosted by a third party in accordance with our data retention
schedule. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or
warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No
data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Any
transmission of data is therefore at your own risk. Once we receive your data,
we use appropriate technical and physical security measures, including
firewalls and anti-virus protection to protect your personal data, from
accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure
of, or access to. Our suppliers are also required to use appropriate data
protection compliance measures. We will continue to revise policies and implement
additional security features as new technologies become available.
Credit card details processed on line are handled via a secure on-line payment and AgriAssist does not have access to this information.
7. Changes to the privacy statement
Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted on this website so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any time we decide to use Personal Data in a manner significantly different from that stated in this Website Privacy Statement, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by e-mail, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in the new manner.
have any questions regarding the above statement please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org